May 1, 2015

Process safety and jugaad!

During my trips to Uttar Pradesh, I often see a "Jugaad" modification that highlights the innovativeness of India.  A people transporter, fitted with a agriculture pump set engine powers the vehicle. I was commenting about the vehicle to my driver, when he asked me a question "Do you know what is the brake fluid they use in that vehicle?". Then he told me that it was sachets of one rupee shampoo!!
I marvelled at the inventors ingenuity. Which brings me back to PSM and management of change. India should not loose its sense of innovation, while at the same time, it should manage the changes in a technically right way.....




Contribute to the surviving victims of Bhopal by buying my book "Practical Process Safety Management"

No comments:

Post a Comment