April 22, 2014

Are you travelling in a confined space?

In a lighter vein........
I am sure many of you will be flying frequently on official visits. Though planes are designed to be evacuated very quickly during an emergency, I often compare them to flying in a confined space! I have tried to correlate the system in chemical industries used for confined space entry to that of flying in a plane:

Confined space entry permit = boarding pass
Man watch = flight stewards
24 V lighting = emergency escape path lighting
Air blower system for ventilation = cabin air pressurisation system
Oxygen monitoring = oxygen masks drop down when oxygen is less
Rescue plan = emergency exits and chutes
Chief emergency and rescue controller= pilot!


I am sure you will be more comfortable when u fly next!! All the best!


Contribute to the surviving victims of Bhopal by buying my book "Practical Process Safety Management"

No comments:

Post a Comment