August 6, 2013

Confined space fire incident

I had just posted the previous post on causes of confined space incident when I was told of an incident where a non flameproof light fitting was taken inside a newly painted vessel to check the interior painting quality. The flammable vapors inside caught fire and two people inside the confined space were seriously injured. Treat your work permit system with respect. Over a period of time they tend to get relaxed.

 Contribute to the surviving victims of Bhopal by buying my book "Practical Process Safety Management"

No comments:

Post a Comment