January 31, 2010

Sharing of process incidents in India

I really lament the lack of sharing of information and investigations of process incidents in India. The US Chemical Safety Board is doing excellent work by posting videos of incidents for the whole world to see! I can get more information about the BP Texas incident from the internet than I can get about the reasons for the Jaipur Oil depot fire! I was browsing around for details about incident reporting system in India and I chanced upon this website www.cairs.nic.in
I hope the site is kept updated and the information shared.
I am in the process of collecting incidents from friends and colleagues to share with all, without mentioning the organization's name. Unless we learn from past mistakes, the same incident will keep repeating. If any one of you feel like sharing some process incidents without mentioning the name of your organization, please send the details to me. I will put it up on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment